Notice for travelers in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Cuba COVID-19 entry requirements for passengers arriving in Cuba from the U.S. If you are traveling from a country other than the U.S., please contact your local Cuban Embassy or air carrier for specific requirements.
1. Passengers 12 years of age and older arriving into Cuba from the U.S. must be fully vaccinated and are required to show proof of vaccination. The COVID-19 vaccination certificate does not apply to:
- Nationals of Cuba residing in Cuba
- Passengers younger than 12 years
- Passengers with a medical certificate of contraindication who cannot be vaccinated
2. A negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.The COVID-19 test requirement does not apply to passengers younger than 12 years
3. Passengers could be subject to medical screening and a COVID-19 RT-PCR test upon arrival.
4. Passengers could be subject to quarantine for 8 days. This has not happened to any of our travelers.
5. Effective December 6, 2021, all air passengers 2 years of age and older, regardless of vaccination or citizenship status, must show a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before travel to the United States. The rapid test can be done upon departure at Havana Airport. Please note this information is subject to change at any time. Please contact your airline for specific requirements prior to boarding your flight.
Mask Wearing and Further Information
Face masks are currently mandatory in all public areas including transport. To protect yourself and others, we strongly advise you to wash your hands with soap and water. You can also use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.. Avoid touching your face and keep 6ft distance from others when possible. If you are using a reusable face mask, ensure to wash your face mask with soap between uses. We strongly recommend K95 and N95 masks if possible when indoors. Bring plenty of soap, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes with you as these supplies may be limited in Cuba.
We are working with our local experience, tour, casas particulares and transport partners to ensure vigilant hygiene and safety practices in line with COVID-19 regulations.